Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Musings: The Revenge of a Jilted Ex-Girlfriend

Every once in a while, I check out the webpage of the guy that broke my heart over 8 years ago.  It's simply morbid curiousity.  Not so long ago, I checked out his webpage to learn that he is about to get married.  And to top it off, his wedding date is 2 days (and 4 years) after my own wedding date.  The fact that he is getting married stung at first.  He was my first love, and he shattered my heart.  A small part of me will always love him, and the good part of that relationship. 

Now don't get me wrong.  I have absolutely no desire to see or talk to him again.  And my husband once asked me that if I were still single, would I ever go back to him.  My answer was that if he was the guy from the good part of the relationship, then I probably would have liked the chance.  But knowing the kind of person he was at the end of the relationship, there are no second thoughts.  There are no doubts in my mind that I married the better guy.  I wouldn't trade my Max for all the money in the world, for he truly is a wonderful husband and an awesome father.

Now, on to the revenge...

On his webpage are links to the stores where the bride and groom are registered.  The ultimate revenge would be to go and buy all of the things on his registry.  Imagine the confusion after the bridal shower, when all of the gifts that were purchased from their registry are nowhere to be found.  But what would I do with all of those items that aren't of my taste, and have no use for me?  Well, I would return them after the wedding date, of course.  While I think it would be amusing, I would never do it.  I'm just not that kind of person.  And while it would be revenge on my ex, it's also hurting an innocent bystander (well, relatively innocent...).  It's not fair to do that to his fiancee.

I hope, for her sake, that he grew up and treats her with love and respect.  I hope that he realized how much hurt he caused two girls in his past (he did the same thing to the girl after me) and decided to never again treat someone that way.  And in my heart of hearts, I hope that he is happy.     

1 comment:

  1. Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! I'll help! You are a wicked mastermind. I love it. He must pay for hurting my Shelle. Grab Michelle's mini van and off we go. Bwahahahaha

    ReplyDelete