Thursday, February 11, 2010

TV Thursday

I really enjoyed the most recent episode of House, M.D. (Mon, 2/8).  It was the episode which detailed a day in the life of Cuddy.  What I really liked about the episode was how they depicted a powerful woman.  She handled being a mother (with a child who was under the weather), a contract with a stubborn insurance company, an employee stealing medications, and a stubborn patient who wanted a prescription for breast milk to treat his cancer.  You don't often see a woman in charge of big operations, like running a hospital.  It was a nice change, and she was portrayed realistically. 

She wasn't Super Woman.  She showed her emotion of frustration.  She stuck to her guns when a lesser person would probably have caved, even at the expense of losing her job (insurance contract issues), and being slandered (lies by the medication-stealing employee).

I know several women who are like her - they are called parents and teachers.  They are often underappreciated.  So if you know women who are like this, give one a hug, or take them out for a cup of coffee, and tell them how much you respect and appreciate them!

8 comments:

  1. *hugging myself* I appreciate you Susan! You are wonderful Susan. You are too Shelle :) Now, where's my coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am planning on taking Saturday's for myself. Coffee would be great on the way back from my wanderings. How's Michelle? I miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't talked to her or seen her in a few weeks. With Max working so much overtime, and the weather being crappy, and me being too lazy to take Galina out of her stroller, and then fold it and bring it up the steps to hide it away from the public, I haven't really seen much of my friends. As for Sats, they work for me (except this Sat - I'm going to Reading for shopping) - you're more than welcome to come over for a visit. What are you up to on Mon? Violet Tea House? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if they are open Monday. I'd love to go, but who would drive? Man I love the Tea Shop! See if Michella wants to drive and I'll call :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle says she'll drive, so go ahead and schedule it (if it's open) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll try calling tomorrow and I let Michelle know. If not we could do something else. I need to get out :) BTW...two of my followers are now following your blog. Looks like the start of big things :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome :) As for two of your followers, it's technically only one - it's the same person :)

    ReplyDelete